"My approach to practicing law comes from the discipline obtained, leadership experience gained and values instilled in me as an
officer in the Air Force"
Tim is a 2004 graduate of the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana. Tim earned his Bachelor's degree in both Political Science and German, magna cum laude. He attended Notre Dame on an Air Force ROTC scholarship.
Following graduation, Tim was commissioned as an officer in the United States Air Force, serving four years on active duty. He spent his entire career overseas, including assignments to a fighter wing in South Korea and to the headquarters located in Germany which oversaw all United States Air Force units across Europe and parts of Africa. In Germany, Tim was the Chief of the Political and Military Analysis Division and Command Intelligence Briefer, providing intelligence support to the commander and his staff. Tim was also deployed to western Iraq as the officer in charge of team tasked with exploiting intelligence in support of combat operations and the prosecution of insurgents. He rose to the rank of Captain, earning a Joint Forces Commendation Medal, an Air Force Commendation Medal, and an Air Force Achievement Medal. He is a distinguished graduate of the Air Force's Intelligence Officer School.
Upon leaving the military, Tim returned to Notre Dame to obtain his law degree. During the summers, Tim clerked for the Hon. James S. Kirsch of the Indiana Court of Appeals and then for the Indiana Attorney General in the Criminal Appeals Division. After receiving his degree, Tim gained invaluable experience as a law clerk to the Hon. John G.
Baker of the Indiana Court of Appeals.
An Indianapolis native, Tim might have stayed in the Midwest, but he met his wife during law school, who hails from Aiken, SC, and is now an attorney practicing in Greenville. They married in Aiken in 2012 and are now the proud parents of a young daughter. In their spare time, Tim and his family enjoy spending time outdoors running and hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Upstate’s numerous parks.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury (Plaintiff)
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers' Compensation
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Insurance Claims
- South Carolina, 2013
- Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2011
- Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Indiana
Juris Doctor 2011
Mortgage foreclosure defense clinic graduate
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
B.A. magna cum laude 2004
Major: Political Science, German
- U.S. Air Force Intelligence Officer School, Goodfellow Air Force Base Texas
Distinguished Graduate, 2005
- Foreign Service Institute, United States Department of State, Washington, D.C.
SubSaharan Africa Seminar, 2007
- Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
Joint Air Operations Planning Course, 2007; Information Warfare Applications Course,
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Past Employment Positions
- Indiana Court of Appeals, Law Clerk, 2011 2012
- United States Air Force, Officer, 2004 2008